We hire innovative thinkers
who want to make a difference.
SynTerra is an employee-owned company with offices in six cities: Greenville, South Carolina; Cary, North Carolina; Charlotte, North Carolina; Lexington, Kentucky; Pikeville, Kentucky; and Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
We’re one of the fastest growing companies in South Carolina, and we’ve consistently been identified as one of the state’s best places to work. If you’d like to join a workplace with competitive benefits, great client relationships, and the best teammates around, apply for an Available Position using the link provided in the job description.
If you think SynTerra might be right for you, but you don’t see the right position, please fill out a SynTerra Employment Application anyway — we’re always looking for top talent.
SynTerra is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, or any other characteristics protected by law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
Lead Designer / Project Manager — Charlotte, NC
SynTerra is looking for a Lead Designer / Project Manager in civil engineering who can demonstrate the capability to work in a collaborative team environment and independently, manage changes and schedules, and balance multiple projects simultaneously. The candidate must have substantial experience managing civil engineering projects, preferably with some exposure to consulting and civil engineering site construction plan development. The candidate would be working within our Site and Economic Development Group in Charlotte, NC.
- Coordinate and lead design efforts for various civil engineering site plans for site development.
- Operate in a project management role; expected to coordinate with clients, subcontractors, and/or regulatory representatives about project goals, needs, status, etc.
- Manage projects involving site design, grading, stormwater, erosion and sedimentation control, and more.
- Participate in business development opportunities (conferences, client events, etc.).
- Occasional field work or site visits may also be required depending on project needs.
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering
- 4-7 years of experience
- P.E. license preferred (or ability to obtain P.E. within 6 months)
- Experience in developing construction plans for civil engineering site design
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with GIS and Bentley SITEOPS is preferred
- Experience managing civil engineering projects
- Additional experience of benefit but not required – SketchUp or other 3D modeling programs
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Join a team you are going to love — SynTerra.
Perhaps you have a colleague who would be a perfect fit for this role. Be sure to forward this link.