We hire innovative thinkers
who want to make a difference.
SynTerra is an employee-owned company with offices in five cities: Greenville, South Carolina; Charlotte, North Carolina; Lexington, Kentucky; Pikeville, Kentucky; and Birmingham, Alabama.
We’re one of the fastest growing companies in South Carolina, and we’ve consistently been identified as one of the state’s best places to work. If you’d like to join a workplace with competitive benefits, great client relationships, and the best teammates around, apply for an Available Position using the link provided in the job description.
If you think SynTerra might be right for you, but you don’t see the right position, please fill out a SynTerra Employment Application anyway — we’re always looking for top talent.
SynTerra is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, creed, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical needs arising from pregnancy or childbirth, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, including, but not limited to, lactation, or any other characteristics protected by law, unless a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
Remediation Group Leader — Greenville, SC
SynTerra is looking for a Professional Engineer to lead our Remediation team and help our clients succeed. You should have 10+ years of experience in environmental assessment and remediation, as well as your P.E. license in both North Carolina and South Carolina. This position requires the ability to manage deadlines and deliverables, while also delegating tasks to team members. This role requires occasional travel to remote project sites.
The Remediation Group Leader will oversee remediation projects that address affected soil, sediment, and groundwater. You will prepare or direct the following:
- Feasibility studies for remedial action alternatives
- Conceptual remediation plans
- Remedial action figures and drawings
- Engineering design plans and drawings for remedial action systems as the engineer of record
- Implementation of remedial systems
- Operation and maintenance of remedial systems, particularly in identifying problems and assisting with correcting the identified problems
- Mentor group members and other company professionals
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering
- Master’s degree in relevant field a plus
- 10+ years of experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in environmental remediation
- Professional Engineer in North Carolina and South Carolina
- Excellent project/task management skills
- Proficient in written and oral skills
- 40 hr. OSHA HAZWOPER-trained a plus
More than a job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Join a team you are going to love — SynTerra.
Perhaps you have a colleague who would be a perfect fit for this role. Be sure to forward this link.
Water and Wastewater Market Leader — North Carolina
SynTerra seeks a creative and highly talented Market Leader with expertise in water and wastewater management and design. A candidate should have 10-plus years of experience in the municipal water and wastewater market. That experience should include project management and design for a variety of project types (piping, pump stations, process design, storage tanks, etc.). This position requires the ability to work independently on specific tasks and in collaboration with clients and other environmental professionals, and it requires the ability to travel to remote project sites.
We provide consulting services on a wide variety of projects for a diverse set of clients, primarily within the Southeastern United States.
The following is a summary of what will be expected in this position:
• In collaboration with team members, develop and execute market-based and account-based strategic business development plan(s).
• Participate on key account management teams.
• Generate and build new relationships and expand existing relationships.
• Review and respond to client RFQs.
• Perform project management, including project scoping, budgeting, proposal preparation, project accounting, report preparation, and quality assurance.
• Lead and/or participate in the design effort for various water and wastewater projects.
An understanding of the local regulatory climate and markets is essential. A candidate should possess the following:
• Ability to interface and develop positive relationships with clients, prospects, and coworkers
• Loyal existing clients/accounts preferred
• Ability to influence and mentor
• Experience creating and successfully managing project
• Undergraduate degree in relevant engineering field
• 10-plus years of experience
• Project management experience
• Business development experience
• Registered as a professional engineer in North Carolina
More Than a Job:
We are looking for intelligent, ambitious, and passionate candidates to continue helping our clients throughout the Southeast. When you join SynTerra, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the SynTerra family, a group of talented individuals who drive innovation and embrace change. Come join a team that you are going to LOVE – SynTerra.
Perhaps you have a colleague who would be a perfect fit for this role. Be sure to send that colleague this link to apply.